User Tag List

The CRM Advocate

The CRM Advocate was a ground breaking quarterly newsletter which served much the same audience as the Industry CRM Developers group. It was published from October 1993 until October 1996. These back issues of The CRM Advocate have been made available for publication on the Industry CRM Developers web site by Managing Director Captain Lou Nemeth.

Lot's of interesting articles posted here from the earlier days of the CRM "movement." You click to go to an individual issue of the "magazine" and then you have to scroll down to see each article. A little cumbersome but worth doing. I'm just starting to browse the articles.

The CRM Advocate
    Thor Odinson... you have betrayed the express command of your king. Through your arrogance and stupidity, you've opened these peaceful realms and innocent lives to the horror and desolation of war! You are unworthy of these realms, you're unworthy of your title, you're unworthy... of the loved ones you have betrayed! I now take from you your power! In the name of my father and his father before, I, Odin Allfather, cast you out!

Has anyone had a chance to take a look at this material?

There's lots of it and while it may appear to some as a bit dated, there are some aspects of CRM that are constant and unchanging.

Me, I just find it interesting to see how pilots were thinking when we, as a profession, started thinking about crew resource management.

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    The CRM Advocate was a ground breaking quarterly newsletter which served much the same audience as the Industry CRM Developers group. It was published from October 1993 until October 1996. These back issues of The CRM Advocate have been made available for publication on the Industry CRM Developers web site by Managing Director Captain Lou Nemeth.

Lot's of interesting articles posted here from the earlier days of the CRM "movement." You click to go to an individual issue of the "magazine" and then you have to scroll down to see each article. A little cumbersome but worth doing. I'm just starting to browse the articles.

The CRM Advocate
    I intend to fly until my beard gets caught in the propeller. And since I don't plan on growing a beard, that may be a while. Ernest K. Gann, age 69

Daily Diatribe - (Carl's Blog)

I agree, Carl.

One thing that is a problem when airlines take on a large number of new FO's with no two-crew experience, and then the CRM training stresses "joint responsibility" is that you got a guy in the right seat spooled up to be responsible and say what he thinks, and his only experience flying is as an instructor (i.e. sitting in the right seat telling the other guy what to do). Not a good mix.

I found this article on leadership and followership at the CRM Advocate to be helpful: http://www.crm-devel.org/resources/c..._1/94_1.htm#12

There's a follow up article from the FO's perspective I'll look at in a day or two.
    Thor Odinson... you have betrayed the express command of your king. Through your arrogance and stupidity, you've opened these peaceful realms and innocent lives to the horror and desolation of war! You are unworthy of these realms, you're unworthy of your title, you're unworthy... of the loved ones you have betrayed! I now take from you your power! In the name of my father and his father before, I, Odin Allfather, cast you out!

There's a follow up article from the FO's perspective I'll look at in a day or two.
    Last edited by Carl; April 24th, 2016 at 06:21.