User Tag List

Got this from Schnappi

Schnappi is still a little "web challenged" so he sent this by e-mail...

As you may be aware, two aircraft, flying in severe good weather, over the desert, somehow managed to ram into each other killing 4. I am told that a great numbers of accidents occur in perfect conditions. I can understand if the skies are crowded or you have two pals flying formation or in my case, a nutty pilot with a TBM started making gun runs on me. Got very close a couple times and I was hard on the radio, until Washington control ordered him to land , like right now. I got interviewed and he claimed he wasn't close so I turned on my camcorder. Guy lost his ticket for a year and I gained a very angry enemy ending with a small punch out in the big hangar at Winchester.

Also, I hope you saw the photos of the Cessna that flew into the guys roof out at Herndon. Night flight, fuel problems, but he said he was taking IR imagery. Of what? Crashed through the roof, owner comes down the hall, guy gets out of plane and says"is this your place?" No fire which indicates he was out of gas.
    I intend to fly until my beard gets caught in the propeller. And since I don't plan on growing a beard, that may be a while. Ernest K. Gann, age 69

Daily Diatribe - (Carl's Blog)

I think what our friend Schnappi is asking about is the ubiquitous flight safety conundrum of "Stupid Pilot Tricks."

Given that most flight instructors in the USA are teenagers, either numerically or mentally, the maturity level and aeronautical decision making (i.e. judgement) isn't transmitted to students.

I would love to have seen the showdown at Winchester....
    Thor Odinson... you have betrayed the express command of your king. Through your arrogance and stupidity, you've opened these peaceful realms and innocent lives to the horror and desolation of war! You are unworthy of these realms, you're unworthy of your title, you're unworthy... of the loved ones you have betrayed! I now take from you your power! In the name of my father and his father before, I, Odin Allfather, cast you out!