User Tag List

Changes for New Users

Dear All,

We've just made some slight changes to the automated settings affecting new Users and the User Group they belong to.

Previously, each new user required "moderation" (i.e. a human approval) before their membership became active. That is no longer required.

New users are now automatically approved (after they verify their e-mail address) and placed in the User Group "Fledgling."

Because there are squadrons of "bots" that register on sites like Sky Viking automatically just so they can make posts advertising discount electronics or "enhancing" pharmaceuticals, the privileges of "Fledglings" is restricted a little.

Fledglings are not allowed to start new threads. They can only reply to existing threads. Once they've replied to five existing threads and have been a member for 3 days, they are automatically promoted to "Aviator" and have full new thread posting privileges.

Any problems with this process or you're a live human really eager to post a new thread, just send me a private message (PM) and I'll see what I can do.

Fly Safe.

Carl
    I intend to fly until my beard gets caught in the propeller. And since I don't plan on growing a beard, that may be a while. Ernest K. Gann, age 69

Daily Diatribe - (Carl's Blog)

I just changed it again.

Instead of having to read the funky random numbers screen, which the bots were getting pretty good at, I changed it to "random questions" like "Who was Wilbur's brother?" and such.

Hoping to have fewer bots and more live members to deal with...
    I intend to fly until my beard gets caught in the propeller. And since I don't plan on growing a beard, that may be a while. Ernest K. Gann, age 69

Daily Diatribe - (Carl's Blog)