User Tag List

3D Tour of the Engineer's Station on the B-36 Bomber

Got this by e-mail from a friend.

Flight Engineer's station on a B-36, 360 View

The Engineer on the B-36 earns his keep!

And I thought us KC-130 Engineers were busy! At least they didn't get to sit between the pilots and slap their hands when they went reverse while airborne.

Name:  ATT00004.jpg
Views: 3811
Size:  75.2 KB

This is a 360 panorama of the flight engineers station on a B-36: Six reciprocating R-4360s and four J-47 jets to keep an eye on, plus fuel, pressurization, hydraulics, electrical, and other systems. LOTSA clocks!

CLICK HERE for the 3D Tour NM USAF - B-36J Engineer

http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/med...0Engineer.html
    I intend to fly until my beard gets caught in the propeller. And since I don't plan on growing a beard, that may be a while. Ernest K. Gann, age 69

Daily Diatribe - (Carl's Blog)

A couple years ago, I enjoyed the privileges of Condor's good offices and got to play around on the flight deck of a B-29 for a while.

One interesting thing was that while the flight engineer did have certain controls such as throttles, the levers were much shorter (by half maybe) than the pilots giving the pilot a greater mechanical advantage (through leverage) and thus, priority in the operation of the control.

A simple mechanical solution to an operational decision...
    Thor Odinson... you have betrayed the express command of your king. Through your arrogance and stupidity, you've opened these peaceful realms and innocent lives to the horror and desolation of war! You are unworthy of these realms, you're unworthy of your title, you're unworthy... of the loved ones you have betrayed! I now take from you your power! In the name of my father and his father before, I, Odin Allfather, cast you out!

Very nice, it makes me understand more.
    Last edited by Carl; April 24th, 2016 at 05:15.

Oh wow the b-36 bomber looks awesome.