User Tag List

Asiana Crash Discussion

Here's one airline pilot's perspective on the accident as well as his commentary on the media coverage:

Asiana Airlines Flight 214: A Pilotís Perspective

SFOís runways were not to blame; Korean pilots are not poorly trained; and itís never OK to grab your carry-on before an emergency exit.

By Patrick Smith

Ignore what you're hearing about San Francisco's airport and Korea's air safety culture.

On Saturday afternoon an Asiana Airlines Boeing 777 crash-landed at San Francisco International Airport, killing at least two passengers and injuring dozens more, many of them seriously. Iíve been an airline pilot since 1990, and Iíd like to offer some perspective on this still-developing story. But before getting to the accident itself, I'd like to express my dismay over the media's shamelessly sensationalistic coverage of it. A certain degree of network hyperventilation always follows air crashes, but this time, from the absurd eyewitness accounts to the at times wildly inaccurate commentary of various aviation "experts," they've taken

READ MORE
    Thor Odinson... you have betrayed the express command of your king. Through your arrogance and stupidity, you've opened these peaceful realms and innocent lives to the horror and desolation of war! You are unworthy of these realms, you're unworthy of your title, you're unworthy... of the loved ones you have betrayed! I now take from you your power! In the name of my father and his father before, I, Odin Allfather, cast you out!

There is much here with which I can agree although the guy seems a bit of a propagandist for the airline industry with a Pollyanna outlook.

The one thing that doesn't fly with me is the idea that all the "culture" issues have been solve in Korean aviation, in particular Korean Airlines. These are cultural characteristics developed over a 1000 or more years of history.

Some Western consultants are not going to make much of a change in just a few years.
    I intend to fly until my beard gets caught in the propeller. And since I don't plan on growing a beard, that may be a while. ó Ernest K. Gann, age 69

Daily Diatribe - (Carl's Blog)

Some really amateurish conspiracy mongering on youtube...

Thor Odinson... you have betrayed the express command of your king. Through your arrogance and stupidity, you've opened these peaceful realms and innocent lives to the horror and desolation of war! You are unworthy of these realms, you're unworthy of your title, you're unworthy... of the loved ones you have betrayed! I now take from you your power! In the name of my father and his father before, I, Odin Allfather, cast you out!

I can see even in the lousy video the outline of the window. Clearly its there with the shade down....

thank you information
    Last edited by Carl; April 24th, 2016 at 06:20.