User Tag List

Incredible Spin Testing Video!

This is a video made by Beechcraft of the Spin Testing of the BE-76 (Duchess) and BE-77 (Skipper) aircraft.

Normally, we're taught that spins are unrecoverable in light twins but take a look at this video and see if you change your mind.

(NO, I do not recommend you try this at home. Indeed I recommend AGAINST trying it at home).

Thor Odinson... you have betrayed the express command of your king. Through your arrogance and stupidity, you've opened these peaceful realms and innocent lives to the horror and desolation of war! You are unworthy of these realms, you're unworthy of your title, you're unworthy... of the loved ones you have betrayed! I now take from you your power! In the name of my father and his father before, I, Odin Allfather, cast you out!

I heard from a reliable source that the only civilian aircraft manufacturer EVER to purchase time in NASA's spin testing wind tunnel was, you guess it, Beechcraft.

(First with the T-34 for the military)...
    I intend to fly until my beard gets caught in the propeller. And since I don't plan on growing a beard, that may be a while. Ernest K. Gann, age 69

Daily Diatribe - (Carl's Blog)

Yeah, Beechcraft really pioneered the fields of "crashworthines" in aircraft. I heard they hauled a V-tail Bonanza up in the air and dropped it as part of occupant safety testing.

I'm pretty sure Cessna and Piper haven't done that.
    Thor Odinson... you have betrayed the express command of your king. Through your arrogance and stupidity, you've opened these peaceful realms and innocent lives to the horror and desolation of war! You are unworthy of these realms, you're unworthy of your title, you're unworthy... of the loved ones you have betrayed! I now take from you your power! In the name of my father and his father before, I, Odin Allfather, cast you out!

I've seen some of the videos, and of course the stand out high quality of Beechcraft airplanes, and well, it kind of says it all, doesn't it?
    I intend to fly until my beard gets caught in the propeller. And since I don't plan on growing a beard, that may be a while. Ernest K. Gann, age 69

Daily Diatribe - (Carl's Blog)