User Tag List

Taildragger Flying

I found this video of a Decathlon flying in and out of Bay Bridge and Easton, Maryland. I used to fly to both these airports fairly regularly when I lived in Maryland.

One thing for sure about Bay Bridge, there's ALWAYS a crosswind!

Anyway, the video is kinda cool if not as instructive as the makers intended. Fun to watch!

Somebody tell me a cool story about flying taildraggers!

I learned to fly in the late N11080 (wrecked by somebody else) out of W32 aka Washington Executive/Hyde Field. N11080 was a 1965 Champion Citabria with a 100 horse Continental O-200 engine.
    I intend to fly until my beard gets caught in the propeller. And since I don't plan on growing a beard, that may be a while. Ernest K. Gann, age 69

Daily Diatribe - (Carl's Blog)

Well, this isn't a story but here's a view from the back seat of a Citabria, landing and takeoff.

(wish the audio was better)

Last edited by Thor; September 9th, 2013 at 03:47.
    Thor Odinson... you have betrayed the express command of your king. Through your arrogance and stupidity, you've opened these peaceful realms and innocent lives to the horror and desolation of war! You are unworthy of these realms, you're unworthy of your title, you're unworthy... of the loved ones you have betrayed! I now take from you your power! In the name of my father and his father before, I, Odin Allfather, cast you out!

Well, here's how do do a ground loop in a P-47!

Hagar likes boats. I like airplanes!

you're unworthy of your title, you're unworthy... of the loved ones you have betrayed! I now take from you your power! In the name of my father and his father before, I, Odin Allfather, cast you out!