User Tag List

One mans' blog as he learned to fly.

I stumbled upon this blog which a gentleman posted his experiences as he learned to fly. He has his license now, but you can see some videos from the pilot's point of view which can aid you in either learning to fly, or if you want to learn.

The latest video is embedded on the site so I cannot grab it (not youtube hosted) but the final one is "Flight 31-32: Final Review for Checkride"

Very cool. His blog get's a lot of activity in the comment section too.

Did his videos/blog help aid you to learn how to fly?

He did not help me, but it was a nice idea of him to do. Gives new pilots a hands on perspective without having to be in the seat themselves yet.
    Hagar likes boats. I like airplanes!

Anytime you can see video, or watch live from the back seat, someone else in training, you learn a lot.

You don't have all your brain cells occupied just trying to stay right side up so you can see and notice any errors before they happen.

Hence you can avoid them during your own training flights.

It turbocharges training.
    I intend to fly until my beard gets caught in the propeller. And since I don't plan on growing a beard, that may be a while. Ernest K. Gann, age 69

Daily Diatribe - (Carl's Blog)

Good advice It is useful
    Last edited by Carl; April 24th, 2016 at 06:13.

Are you learning to fly, nananajo003?
    I intend to fly until my beard gets caught in the propeller. And since I don't plan on growing a beard, that may be a while. Ernest K. Gann, age 69

Daily Diatribe - (Carl's Blog)