User Tag List

Thread: Mercy Mission

Mercy Mission

OK, so this is really not about ag flying but rather the adventure of a pilot ferrying an ag plane across the Pacific Ocean.

Not a blockbuster but also not one to show your wife before departing on a ferry flight!

Mercy Mission: The Rescue of Flight 771

Jay is ordered to fly Cessna flight 30771 from the States to Sydney, with stopovers at Honolulu, Pago Pago and Norfolk Island. He's joined by Frank, who flies another Cessna. Frank crashes while taking off at Pago Pago, so Jay has to find Norfolk Island on his own. He gets lost and almost runs out of fuel. He contacts Gordon Vette by accident, the pilot of the ANZ 308, a plane with 88 passengers on board. He and his crew are the only ones who can save Jay. But to save him, they first have to find him...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107556/
    Thor Odinson... you have betrayed the express command of your king. Through your arrogance and stupidity, you've opened these peaceful realms and innocent lives to the horror and desolation of war! You are unworthy of these realms, you're unworthy of your title, you're unworthy... of the loved ones you have betrayed! I now take from you your power! In the name of my father and his father before, I, Odin Allfather, cast you out!

A good movie I enjoyed.

Lesson learned, however...

Don't show it to your lady if you still want to do ferry flights!
    I intend to fly until my beard gets caught in the propeller. And since I don't plan on growing a beard, that may be a while. Ernest K. Gann, age 69

Daily Diatribe - (Carl's Blog)

One of the happiest days for my lady in the last year was the day that all my ferry gear was stolen from my storage bin...
    Thor Odinson... you have betrayed the express command of your king. Through your arrogance and stupidity, you've opened these peaceful realms and innocent lives to the horror and desolation of war! You are unworthy of these realms, you're unworthy of your title, you're unworthy... of the loved ones you have betrayed! I now take from you your power! In the name of my father and his father before, I, Odin Allfather, cast you out!