User Tag List

Schnappi Werkes Latest Creation

Tupalev TU-95 MS (Bear H) with scratch built, to scale MV 83 20 MT Free fall bomb. Paint scheme from the original Schnappi collection the Bear F. Aircraft is still in service, still in production.

Name:  DSC_0970.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  94.2 KB
    I intend to fly until my beard gets caught in the propeller. And since I don't plan on growing a beard, that may be a while. — Ernest K. Gann, age 69

Daily Diatribe - (Carl's Blog)

Very nice, Sir!

May I have some more?

I want some more!
    Thor Odinson... you have betrayed the express command of your king. Through your arrogance and stupidity, you've opened these peaceful realms and innocent lives to the horror and desolation of war! You are unworthy of these realms, you're unworthy of your title, you're unworthy... of the loved ones you have betrayed! I now take from you your power! In the name of my father and his father before, I, Odin Allfather, cast you out!

A friend of mine, who used to intercept Bears from time to time in his F14 told me that these things vibrate so violently that the vibrations could be felt by crews in other aircraft miles away.
    Thor Odinson... you have betrayed the express command of your king. Through your arrogance and stupidity, you've opened these peaceful realms and innocent lives to the horror and desolation of war! You are unworthy of these realms, you're unworthy of your title, you're unworthy... of the loved ones you have betrayed! I now take from you your power! In the name of my father and his father before, I, Odin Allfather, cast you out!

Schnappi still at it:

Name:  DSC_0295.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  102.2 KB

The Bf110D/R-1 "Dackelbauch" One of Germany’s famous fighters of WWII was the Messerschmitt Bf110, a twin-engine heavy fighter (Zerstörer or “destroyer” in German) that later developed into a fighter-bomber and then into the Luftwaffe’s principal night fighter. The Bf110C was the first major series-production version of this aircraft, and an effort to increase its range resulted in the Bf110D Langstrecken (“long-range”) Zerstörer. This extended-range version based on the Bf110C was fitted with external fuel tanks (e.g. 900-liter under-wing tanks or the Dackelbauch tank, the latter occasionally subject to mysterious mid-air explosions because of insufficiently vented and volatile fuel/air mixes!). The Bf110D was fielded in time to participate in the Norwegian Campaign against British and French forces in the far north of the country. Later, many aircraft were stationed in Norway so as to perform anti-shipping missions and conduct long-range raids against the north of the United Kingdom.

The specific Bf110D-1/R-1, the first long-range variant, entered service in May 1940. However, its massive 1200-liter external belly Dackelbauch tank adversely affected the aircraft’s maneuverability. It also had 2 20mm cannons mounted on a sled that ran back to the gunner for mor arming and then forward for firing out of the bottom. I worked about 1/2 day for that gem only to find you can't see it. and also the engines which I eventually just left out.
    Last edited by Carl; April 16th, 2013 at 19:10.
    I intend to fly until my beard gets caught in the propeller. And since I don't plan on growing a beard, that may be a while. — Ernest K. Gann, age 69

Daily Diatribe - (Carl's Blog)